Things I've Knit Since Coming to Pittsburgh
socks: 24 pairs and one (1) single sock
hats: 22 (although I know there should be one more that I'm missing right now)
things that go on hands/arms: 5
works in progress: 10 (of which 4 will be frogged upon reaching the new place)
some other stats/info:
- of the 24 pairs of socks, 10 have never been worn, and 4 have been worn so much that they can no longer be worn.
- the "other" section turned out to be completely comprised of crocheted doilies (okay, not knit, but whatever), not because I never knit anything that goes into the "other" category, but because I tend not to finish those things, and thus they have been categorized into "works in progress" instead.
- approximately half of all projects have not have ends woven in, regardless of whether they've been worn before or not.
- I've knit many more shawls than the four I still have here, but I tend to taken them home because I'm more comfortable blocking them there.
- of the 6 WIPs that will not be frogged, I plan to finish three right off the bat. they were things that I stopped knitting because I ran out of yarn and had to order more, and then was working on other things once the yarn came, so I just sort of forgot about them. and another is a large long-term project that I work on slowly.
- this list does not include things I've knitted and either taken home to california or given away. which is also a significant number. (according to ravelry, I've knitted 32 gifts in the past 5 years. but I don't know how consistent I was with tagging them as such.)
yup, so in conclusion, I have way too many handknits. I'll go through them again once my sister gets here and see if she wants to keep any for the cold Pittsburgh winters. and then...I don't know, haha. I want to get rid of some, so maybe I'll divvy them up for Christmas presents this year.