sweet potato mochi
makes 5 mochi
- 1 large sweet potato, mashed
- 3 tbsp mung bean starch (potato starch or rice flour/mochiko would work as well)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- water as needed (i think i used about half a cup)
- mix all the things
- grab a small palmful of the mixture at a time. roll into a ball and press slightly to get a mochi shape. it helps if your hands are wet when you do this.
- cook in a pan with oil, about 1-2 minutes each side. then pour a little water (like 1/4 cup maybe) in the pan and cover. cook until the water is gone.
- eat all the things